Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Are Pictures Really Worth a 1000 Words...

So maybe I will, or maybe, I will not have pictures on this blog. What are pictures really? a moment in time? a perspective? an idea? a facade?

Who knows what they are. All I know is that they are MFing crazy. REALLY? You can look at something think that you did in still-time?! How did that happen?! WHAT are these contraptions that can capture light and save it. And does it really reflect what really happened?? and is that what REALLY happened?

And now that we have the power to capture and re-capture a "moment"? What is that all about? I can remember the time when we would capture a moment on film and not know what it looked like until we used up the roll and anxiously waited for at a "1 Hour" photo processing place to recap our shenanigans and vanity of the past weekend.

Time was different back then. So were photographs and "pics".  I suppose my reflection of pictures and time were different back then as well. They meant something to me then and now they mean something new to me. Weird how that happens.

Damn this would be a good instagram post. "What are pictures really?".... as i self take a picture in the mirror...

Okay I'm gonna go take a selfie (it takes thirty minutes to get a good one and filter it) so I'll probably be back tomorrow. We'll see....


Love Y'all!!!


-Amber Lane xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment